If you can’t afford going under the surgeon’s scalpel to obliterate obesity, you will be glad to know that bariatric surgery in Mexico costs only a fraction of the prices quoted for like procedures in the affluent countries of the world.
The need for bariatric surgery has increased exponentially with the ever-growing obesity epidemic in the United States as well as other countries. In 2011 alone, the obesity rates had increased in 28 states in America, according to research done by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Trust for America’s Health. With the rise in obesity, the need for bariatric surgery is more sought after, yet not everyone can afford the high prices in the United States. This is one of the main reasons that people who are more than 100 pounds overweight are seeking out bariatric surgery in Mexico.
Weight Loss Surgery in Mexico
While saving up to 70% on bariatric surgery in Mexico is the number one factor because of which Americans cross the border for surgery, there are other reasons as well. Some of those reasons include:
· Proximity to the United States. Many Americans have traveled to Mexico for a vacation. If they have not, they have at least been exposed to Mexican culture. This makes going abroad for surgery a much less foreign feeling.
· Quality Healthcare. Americans are in search of quality healthcare and experienced bariatric surgeons, both of which are readily available in Mexico.
· Technology. Doctors in Mexico use the latest technology and are constantly updating their methodology, making them on par with global standards.
Medical Facilities Catering To Westerners
Because of the influx of western tourists visiting Mexico for the sole purpose of undergoing medical treatment, many clinics have a 90-95% foreign clientele. Such clinics maintain international standards on everything, from hospitality to aftercare and everything in between. Many of these facilities are certified by an internationally recognized board. In these facilities you will find:
· English-speaking doctors and staff
· Many other foreigners to interact with
· Clean and comfortable environment
· Excellent hospitality
Is Bariatric Surgery in Mexico for Me?
In order to find out if bariatric surgery in Mexico is right for you, ideally you should consult a medical expert. In the meantime, you can ask yourself these questions in order to see if you might qualify:
· Are you at least 100 pounds overweight?
· Are you at risk of any co-morbid diseases?
· Are you in good enough medical condition to travel the short distance to Mexico?
· Does surgery abroad make financial sense for you?
· Is your medical insurance failing to cover the surgery in the United States?
If you answered yes to most of these questions, then you may be a candidate for bariatric surgery in Mexico.